Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shiseido "The Makeup" Foundation Stick Review & Swatches of Shades

Shiseido Stick Foundation
Price: $38.50 for 9 grams
About $4.70/gram

Shiseido - The Makeup Stick Foundation

Shiseido's The MAKEUP Foundation Stick has certainly proved to withstand the test of time. It
is one of the few foundation sticks which have managed to stick around, formula unchanged, in the United States, while American women had a major malfunction & associated all stick foundations with thick, cakey makeup. this was undoubtedly the worst time to be a foundation stick In the U.S., but Shiseido's contribution stuck it out.
Is that a pro or a con for consumers?
Shiseido's The Makeup Foundation Stick is available in about 10 shades, and, like most Shiseido foundations, shades are sorted by appropriate undertones. O=Yellow, B=Pink, & I=Neutral.

What makes Shiseido's foundation stick different than most, is its formula. While partly emollient based with the inclusion of several waxes to maintain its stick form, the primary ingredient is Cyclopentasiloxane, a silicone which dries when exposed to air. This is what gives this foundation stick its distinctive powder finish and makes it a true cream-powder formula.

While Shiseido's Foundation Stick has been around for ages, if you notice, there are numerous new releases that are following suit.

Oily skinned folks who use this will find it sets well with powder or a silicone setting product (like Mally's the Defender) for maximum wear time. Over all wear time is decent but if you have very dry skin & patches you want to be sure to moisturize & prep prior to use.

Application can easily go from sheer to almost full & can be acheived with virtually any application method & with the range of shades one can easily find a suitable match.
(I personally like NYX's Mineral Foundation Stick a bit better, i find it less drying.)

I have used shade O20 Light Ochre, but realize that I00 Very Light Ivory is a better match. (They dont have O00 Very Light Ochre.)

Initially, i was extremely put off by the very odd fragrence of this. its strong but subtle and it does last all day. I have to admit though, that i have really grown to like the smell in a very creepy way. i have nothing to compare it to except almost a piney scent? i dont know, but smell it before you buy it!

An interesting product on many levels, Shiseido's The Makeup Foundation Stick is an interesting formula with a die hard fan base which is semi-merited. Swatch it in store to experience the formula before purchasing, or if you want a good cruelty free dupe for $7 which will provide medium coverage, try Hard CANDY's CC Tinted Moisturizing Stick!

Note:
***Do not rely on the sunscreen in this alone! ***
.com)Shiseido Shade Guide
Not all shades are available in every foundation. 
Shiseido The Makeup Stick Foundation
SWATCH OF I00, I20, I40, O20, O40, B20, B40, B60, O60
Shiseido "The Makeup" Foundation Stick SPF 15-18:
Top L-R: I00 Very Light Ivory, I20 Natural Light Ivory, I40 Natural Fair Ivory
O20 Natural Light Ochre, O40 Natural Fair Ochre
B20 Natural Light Beige, B40 Natural Fair Beige
(Shades Not Pictured are I60, B60, and O60)
Swatch I00,I20, I40, O20, O40, O60, B20, B40
Shiseido "The Makeup" Foundation Stick SPF 15-18:
Top L-R: I00 Very Light Ivory, I20 Natural Light Ivory, I40 Natural Fair Ivory
O20 Natural Light Ochre, O40 Natural Fair Ochre
B20 Natural Light Beige, B40 Natural Fair Beige
(Shades Not Pictured are I60, B60, and O60)
Shiseido Foundation Stick Review & Swatches of Shades I00 Very Light Ivory, I20 Natural Light Ivory, I40 Natural Fair Ivory O20 Natural Light Ochre, O40 Natural Fair Ochre B20 Natural Light Beige, B40 Natural Fair Beige (Shades Not Pictured I60, B60, and O60)
Shiseido "The Makeup" Foundation Stick SPF 15-18: Review & Swatches of Shades
I00 Very Light Ivory, I20 Natural Light Ivory, I40 Natural Fair Ivory O20 Natural Light Ochre, O40 Natural Fair Ochre B20 Natural Light Beige, B40 Natural Fair Beige (Shades Not Pictured are I60, B60, and O60)
Shiseido Foundation Stick O00, I00, B00, O20, I20, B20, O40, B40, I40, O60, B60, I60, O80, B80, I80 Review & Swatches of Shades I00 Very Light Ivory, I20 Natural Light Ivory, I40 Natural Fair Ivory O20 Natural Light Ochre, O40 Natural Fair Ochre B20 Natural Light Beige, B40 Natural Fair Beige (Shadesnot Pictured are I60, B60, and O60)
Shiseido "The Makeup" Foundation Stick SPF 15-18: Review & Swatches of Shades I00 Very Light Ivory, I20 Natural Light Ivory, I40 Natural Fair Ivory O20 Natural Light Ochre, O40 Natural Fair Ochre B20 Natural Light Beige, B40 Natural Fair Beige (Shades Not Pictured are I60, B60, and O60)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!