Friday, June 13, 2014

Laura Geller Spackle; Review & Swatches of Shades; (Original & Tinted Under Makeup Primer);

Spackle Under Make-Up Primer
Laura Geller Spackle, Makeup Primer
Price: $30 for 2 ounces
($15/ounce)
CRUELTY FREE!!!

I'm not a big primer person. They're just not my thing. I find that when I apply traditional silicone ones, I usually over-do it upon application of the primer, then when I apply my foundation (which I also sometimes over-do), I end up pulling up the primer too. In addition to that, silicone primers with silicone foundations are too  drying on my skin and I take too long to blend so they end up over-drying on my face for a really sexy cakey look & a "here are my pores that were barely visible ten minutes ago" situation.

So how do I feel about Laura Geller's Spackle? Keep Reading...
Laura Geller's Spackle is on the thicker side, but not overly paste-like like many primers. I actually like the consistency because it does have some moisturizing & protective ingredients in it like Aloe Vera. I find it to be a good balance of hydrating vs drying, and it finishes with a smooth feeling which is not overly powdery like many primers which make it a great option for those who don't have very oily skin and want to try a primer. 

The way it sets/dries, will definitely help minimize the appearance of pores, fine lines & wrinkles. For those with normal/dry skin, it will minimize these better than an overtly powdery formula which may cake around these areas and make them more pronounced.

While primers not being my cup of tea, I do understand & appreciate their value and I totally understand why someone with oily skin would consider them a must have item. My skin is normal enough, that often, instead of applying a silicone primer, if I want a matte effect that day for whatever reason, I will apply a sheer-light coverage matte foundation which is silicone based, like Mac Pro-Longwear Compact SPF 20. I find that if I apply a silicone foundation it makes it easier to see exactly where & how much I've applied so I'm less likely to over apply than I am with a clear product.

This is where Laura Geller's Tinted Spackle comes in handy. Because of the new versions with a slight wash of sheer color, you can see exactly what you're doing! In addition to the original version which is clear, Laura Geller's Spackle is available in 4 tints; 

Champagne- a light cool gold/pale yellow
Ethereal- a light pink
Neutralizer-a moderately toned orange which is intended to brighten dull, medium-deep complexions
Bronze- a warm toned bronze which is a great way to add color to anyone'c cheeks from underneath foundation!

Each of the tints have a significant amount of shimmer. The best way to think of them, is as an "under-makeup highlighter." They each have their purpose and will serve it well, but they are best applied to limited areas only. You don't want to put neutralizer all over your face before you apply foundation, that's just silly. The purpose behind these Tinted Primers is to highlight your desirable features so your undesirable ones are less noticeable. That goal is achieved through contrast.

Because you don't want to put the Tinted Spackle all over your face, their best for those who only want a primer for their T-Zone or limited areas. If you want to try the tinted version but use a primer all over, you'll probably need two shades, or one shade of Tinted Spackle & the Original Spackle for best results!

Has anyone else tried the Tinted Spackle or the Original, or any other combination? What are your thoughts?




Laura Geller Spackle Makeup Primer; Swatches of Shades Champagne, Ethereal. Neutralizer, Bronze, Original, Review
Laura Geller Spackle Makeup Primer; Swatches of Shades
Champagne, Ethereal. Neutralizer, Bronze,

1 comment:

  1. I used LG spackle and then applied the powder foundation. It was caked on my glasses and skin looked like it was peeling on a few places on my face. What should I do - not use spackle?

    ReplyDelete

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!