Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mally Cancellation Concealer System; Review & Swatches of All Shades

Light / Medium
Mally Cancellation Concealer System & Brush
Price: $35 for 3.6 grams of Concealer & 3.6 grams of powder (approx $5/gram + free concealer brush) OR Cancellation Concealer Refills are available for $15 
CRUELTY FREE!!

 I know you're probably thinking "is Mally's Cancellation Concealer really worth it?" 

Your answer, is...well, you'll have to keep reading! 
YES YES YESSSS. Here's how to get past the initial cost: $35 buys you 3.6 grams of concealer, 3.6 grams of powder, AND a dual ended concealer brush. Comparitively speaking, let's look at Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer Kit which costs $34, however you get 1.2 grams of concealer, powder & no brush. So basically, Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer is 3x the price of Mally's Cancellation Concealer, AND Mally gives you a $15 brush AND is Cruelty free! But if you enjoy throwing money out the window, well, this probably isn't for you.


Mally Cancellation Concealer is probably Mally's "staple" concealer. As I mentioned, it comes with not only the concealer (in a very sexy compact), but also the powder (which is NOT your typical setting powder as I abhore those,) and you get a brush, a nice brush, not a mean one. Its soft and works very well, on both ends!

Now the concealer itself, is a creamy emollient based concealer. What makes it fabulous is the amount of slip and the way it sets which make it exceedingly easy to use and natural looking while providing full coverage. In fact, the Cancellation Concealer has better coverage than Bobbi's petroleum based concealer, and in my opinion, I would put coverage and performance on par with Mac Studio Finish concealer, the principal differences being that Mally's Cancellation Concealer is much more blendable yet sets much better and looks less cakey. (If you're looking for SPF, Try Mally Conditioning Cancellation Concealer SPF 25, which is ideal for summer, and for those with oily skin or blemishes.

I abdolutely adore Mally Cancellation Concealer, and I think that most people who try it agree. It is only available in 4 shades, but they are very well created neutral shades and will match most skin tones. I wear fair, obviously, and I think anyone NC20 or deeper will do well with Light/Medium. Nc30+ skin tones I would recommend Tan.

As for the powder, I would say that its one of only 3-4 setting powders I can stand using, but I don't use it all the time (only if I use alot of concealer or its hot out,) but even then I use it very sparingly. What makes this powder truly unique, and I don't know if this is the powder or concealer or the combination, is the lack of oxidation upon application. 

I took a picture to try to capture the subtle differences once set, and as you can see below, the differences are slight which means that color purity is guarunteed!

Overall, Mally Cancellation Concealer is definitely my top recommendation for a Cruelty Free Cream/Emollient concealer, and that's out of hundreds! Do pick this one up ASAP! 
Mally Cancellation Concealer; Review & Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich
Mally Cancellation Concealer;  Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich
(Top half is w/out powder, bottom half w/powder)

Mally Cancellation Concealer;
Mally Cancellation Concealer; Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich
Mally Cancellation Concealer; Review & Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich
Mally Cancellation Concealer; Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich
Mally Cancellation Concealer; Review & Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich
Mally Cancellation Concealer; & Swatches of Shades Fair, Light/Medium, Tan, Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!