Sunday, September 28, 2014

Too Faced BB Cream SPF 20; Review & Swatches of Shades

Too Faced - Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20
Too Faced Multi Benefit Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20
Price $34 for 1.5 ounces
(That's less than $20 an ounce!)
CRUELTY FREE!!!

As long as it's a worthwhile product, you're not likely to find many BB's that can beat that price!

A not-too-often-spoken-about-product, will the BB in Too Faced's Beauty Balm end up standing for "Beauty Bargain", or a "Beauty Bust"?


Too Faced has definitely done a good job with their BB Cream. To be fair, coverage may not be up to par with most Asian BB Creams, but for an American formula it has a very decent consistency & moderate coverage for our Tinted Moisturizers & Beauty Balms.

Consistency wise, this is more of a cream than a lotion if that makes sense. It has a pretty pigmented consistency and is similar to many Lauder owned BB Creams like Bobbi Brown's BB Cream or Mac Prep + Prime Beauty Balm. Where it differs slightly from these formulas is that Too Faced Multi Benefit Tinted BB applies much creamier & more evenly if that makes sense.

I do really love both Mac & Bobbi's formulas but they have three major drawbacks for me, one is that they do slightly oxidize (most formulas do) which can be a problem for fair skin, two, the synthetic sunscreens present in the formulas irritate my eyes horribly so i have to be very careful not to get any on my lashes or in my eyes, and last but not least; they are tested on animals which means I will not purchase them. They feel like a less pigmented formula compared to Too Faced's version.

I realize that, unfortunately, many people will be out of luck due to the limited shade range which fails to accommodate tan-deep skin tones so I would suggest complaining to Too Faced & telling them to release more damn shades! (porcelain skinned girls, you too!)

Snow Glow is probably technically my better match, but I like Vanilla Glow since I try to go away from pink tones. Vanilla glow is slightly too dark for me, so I do use Snow Glow most of the time. I know that it says it is for people with "pink undertones" but I didn't notice it said that until I had been using it for a few weeks and I was quite happy with the results. I honestly considered it more of a neutral shade & it wasn't until I saw that it was intended as a cool shade that I got in my own head & sought issue with it.

Unlike Laura Geller's BB Cream & Stila's Bb Cream which boast longwear & a water resistant formula, Too Faced makes no such claim. That being said, you will find the formula to be surprising long lasting due to the base of Cyclopentasiloxane which is not water soluble (unlike dimethicone which is semi water soluble.)

Too Faced also did very well with their sunscreen. SPF 20 may be the minimum amount recommended, but the quality of the sunscreen is going to prove a far superior option than synthetic or chemical sunscreens for use around the eyes or those with sensitive skin.

Another added bonus, is that the "multi-benefit" part of the name actually has merit with several legitimate anti oxidants included in stable packaging, which is sadly a total rarity!

This is definitely a purchase which goes in the sound & sensible category. Now go save some bunnies & pick it up!

Too Faced BB Cream, Tinted Multi-Benefit Beauty Balm SPF 20; Review & Swatches of Shades Snow Glow, Vanilla Glow, Cream Glow, Linen Glow, Nude Glow
Too Faced BB Cream, Tinted Multi-Benefit Beauty Balm SPF 20;
 Swatches of Shades Snow Glow, Vanilla Glow, Cream Glow, Linen Glow, Nude Glow
Too Faced BB Cream,
Too Faced BB Cream, Tinted Multi-Benefit Beauty Balm SPF 20;
Swatches of Shades Snow Glow, Vanilla Glow, Cream Glow, Linen Glow, Nude Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!