Sunday, October 26, 2014

How long is too long for cosmetics to be called NEW?

Hi guys,

So I'm sitting here wasting some time doing very productive "research" to see what's new on the Ulta website. I do this every week month or so with most of the major U.S. stores and brands so I've seen 90% of the stuff before some of the things that are listed in the "New Arrivals" section of the website have been in stores for 1-2 years and others aren't in the section and have only been around for weeks!



I'm not really a stickler for seasons BUT, if I was in charge of the Ulta and Sephora websites, I would kick products out of the New section after a set amount of time because 23 pages of "New Arrivals" is a little excessive.

Just a random Sunday though as I was weeding through the website trying to find items that were actually new, especially since the holidays are around the corner and people will be shopping more than normal!

What do you guys think? 

Should products be given a certain amount of time in the New sections? 

Should they be given one full year to give them a shot at holiday sales or should the "New" section be divided by seasons?

Or you may think this is a total waste of time and you have better things to do than sift through pages of web-stores..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!