Friday, June 13, 2014

Mally 24/7 Illuminating Blush Duo; Review & Swatches of Shades

Mally 24/7 Illuminating Blush System
Price: $35 for 7 grams
(About $5 a gram-
OR, you can look at it as $10 for the brush, and about $3.50/gram)
CRUELTY FREE!!!

One thing you won't hear many people saying about Mrs. Mally Roncal is that "She doesn't do color well." In reality, she does color fabulously well which is why she was so successful as a makeup artist!

So is the 24/7 Illuminating Blush System just another one of those products that require you to be a professional to have halfway decent results?

Keep reading...

Mally's Illuminating Blush Duo is essentially a highlighter and blush compact. It also comes with a dual ended brush. The powder side of the brush may not be the best Mally brush I've ever used, but its better than 90% of "included" brushes in the beauty world. I especially love the yellow end of the brush which is designed to be used along cheekbones or anywhere else you want precision highlighting, It has a striking resemblance to a standard foundation brush (the paddle shaped ones), but it works fabulously for the Illuminating Blush System and it makes sense that Mally would opt for that shape.

The Blush System comes in two shade selections, Deep & Light. Light is a very pink based highlighter and blush while Deep is much more golden. I really actually like both combinations and that's a rarity with most brands, but Mally tends to do this, as we've seen with her  Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush Duo, her Shimmer, Sculpt & Glow Trio, and even her Finish Line Pro Luminizer! The great thing is that the color is so buildable, that either shade will work with virtually any shade skin and the ease of use will allow it to compliment the most simple, or sophisticated look.

The pictures below are of swatches on my arm. I used absolutely no primer whatsoever and it was actually winter so my skin was incredibly dry. Getting anything to stick was nothing short of a miracle but I wanted to demonstrate what the Illuminating Blush System could do.

Mally has once again created something that I hold very dear- foolproof & idiot proof makeup. I can not screw up application which is saying something because I am quite skilled in the screwing up application department. My only suggestions would be to start with less product than you need and build up gradually, especially if you are used to less pigmented blushes!
Mally 24/7 Illuminating Blush Duo; Swatches of Shades Light Deep & review
Mally 24/7 Illuminating Blush Duo: Swatches of Shades
Deep & Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!