Friday, June 13, 2014

Mally Poreless Perfection Foundation; (Wet or Dry Pressed Powder): Swatches of Shades & Review

Mally Beauty
Mally Poreless Perfection Foundation
Price: $45 with Brush
CRUELTY FREE!!!


Mally Poreless Perfection Powder Foundation is a formula which promises full, adjustable coverage and a smooth poreless finish, but does it meet expectations?
Let me start by saying that I'm not a powder foundation person. In fact, I absolutely hate them. I think it probably has to do with my tendency to over apply them, which, when mixed with my normal-dry skin, typically leaves a caked on appearance that makes me look about 15 years older than I am. I think that's part of the problem with powder foundations, they can be fabuloud for people with oily or breakout prone skin, provided that they are applied correctly!

One thing that makes Poreless Perfection Foundation stand apart from so many pressed powder foundations is the fact that it can be used wet or dry. There are some wet & dry formulas out there, Palladio and The Body Shop both have versions, but I find them to be chalky and just icky.

The great thing about using a powder foundation when wet is that you get to see exactly when it will look like throughout the day as it oxidizes. (Granted oil (sweat) and water can have a slightly different effect on color, but for most people they will find adding water will provide suitable insight into color purity.) Another huge plus (for me at least) is that I have a much easier time applying powder foundations when wet and I tend to use less product.

Mally included a brush with the Poreless Perfection, and its similar to many of her other brushes. Its of decent quality but its not the best quality brush (her diamond un-powder brush is better) so my guess is most people will use a sponge, puff or separate brush to apply. I find that it works best applying it either by using a wet sponge, or by using a dry powder puff and pressing it into the skin the way Wayne Goss does it. I find brushes can cause the powder to sit atop the skin rather than mesh with it.

The formula is pretty simple, but I think its the very high level of silicone that gives Mally's Poreless Perfection Powder its silky smooth finish which is really impressive. There's no visible specks of shimmer or sparkle despite the fact that Mica is included in the formula. Overall, it has a very nice natural matte finish which is perfect for those who want to fight shine without looking weary or dead.

Just like Mally Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation (which is perfect for normal/dry skin and one of my favorites EVER), Mally Poreless Perfection is available in 8 shades, Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Tan, Tan, Rich and Deep, and as usual, Mally does an impeccable job at staying consistent with the shades throughout her entire line of products! The shades are more on the neutral side, but they do have distinctive yellow undertones so those with strong pink undertones may not have the best time finding a shade, although Light typically has more pink than Mally's other shades so if you fall in that range you may want to explore that.

Lasting power is particularly impressive. I don't have significantly oily skin, but in the summer I do sweat and I actually was relying on Poreless Perfection quite heavily a few weeks ago when my AC broke in my car. I like the fact that, unlike many Long-Wearing Liquid foundation formulas which will become patchy with wear, Poreless Perfection tends to meld into skin creating a truly poreless finish.

I personally find that it works very well with Mally's Perfect Prep Poreless Primer which (incase you don't know) is a bit more moisturizing than many primers so it balances out the powder perfectly. If you notice any glitter in the pictures below, that is from Mally's Perfect Prep Illuminating Primer, NOT the Poreless Perfection Foundation.

If you happen to be a fan of cream based products or just dewy/satin finish liquid ones, you may want to also consider using Poreless Perfection as a setting powder since it has all of the necessary characteristics setting powders do and it will provide additional coverage at the same time for a more natural looking finish.

Overall, I think that Poreless Perfection Powder Foundation is a really good pressed powder, and I really don't like powders at all, but I suppose it makes sense Mally would make a good powder since she hated powder so much she created the Poreless Face Defender!

Depending on what kind of products you prefer, you will most likely find that Poreless Perfection works exceptionally well with other Mally Products. You can wear Mally Cancellation Concealer or Age Rebel Nourishing/Longwear Luxe Concealer underneath if you chose to use only powder foundation, or you can simply set Mally Ultimate Performance Professional Cream Foundation with Poreless Perfection. If you have very oily skin and don't want to add more powder, Poreless Perfection works great if set with Mally's Poreless Face Defender!




Mally Poreless Perfection Wet/Dry Powder Foundation; Review & Swatches of Shades: Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Tan, Deep
Mally Poreless Perfection Wet/Dry Powder Foundation; Swatches of Shades:
Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Tan,
Mally Poreless Perfection Powder Foundation; Review & Swatches of Shades: Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Tan, Deep
Mally Poreless Perfection Powder Foundation; Swatches of Shades: Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Tan, Deep

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments before they're posted but I do make it a point to read & respond to every one of them. I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say so thank you for taking the time to let me know what you're thinking!